- Taken the building plans to some builders for quotes, which ended up varying in range by $100,000.....!!!!!
- The hallway and laundry walls that weren't rendered have been rendered.
- The laundry ceiling was repaired and new cornices installed.
- The kitchen has been gutted completely.
- All the old hallway and kitchen lights and fans were removed, the ceiling fan relocated and new pendants (over the island) and LED down-lights installed.
- The kitchen and hallway ceilings have been repaired and prepped for painting.
- New kitchen installed (post to follow in due course but 'before' and interim 'sneak peak' shots below).
- Kitchen walls that weren't rendered have been rendered.
- Kitchen, laundry and hallway ceilings and wall have been painted (loved it - awesome job !!)
- Purchased a new Nick Scali dining setting for the kitchen.
- Installed a new double 'wall bed' in the guest room (doubles as a desk and a bed), the idea of which we got from Finlay Homes 'Innovation House' (which we wrote about here).
- Fired up the wood fired pizza oven
- A long weekend at Magnetic Island for the ANZAC Day Dawn Service.
- Sasha has competed in Irish dancing at Ayr (Eisteddfod) and Mackay (North Queensland Premierships) and is preparing for Queensland State Premierships in August.
- Poppy has been practicing her Choi Kwang Do (martial arts) and had her grading this weekend.
- I've completed 50% of my Certified Financial Planner Accreditation program (and getting ready to start the remaining 50% of study).
- Kate has been coordinating everything above (when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!), in addition to starting part-time work, and is hoping to have some free time in the not to distant future to do some 'crafty' things for her.
So while I apologise for the delayed update, you can see we haven't exactly been twiddling our thumbs !! I'm going to devote some time to putting together a couple of blog posts to show off the finished laundry (cum butlers pantry) as well as the new kitchen.
PS. How is it June already ?!
Post a Comment